Pregnancy & Obstetrics Marion OBGYN
We are so happy you chose Marion OB-GYN, Inc. to share in such an important time in your life. Our office has an experienced and dedicated staff to help provide quality care to make you feel as comfortable as possible during your 40 weeks of pregnancy.
Prenatal care will help you and your baby's health during your pregnancy.You should contact your providers as soon as you know you are pregnant. The goals of prenatal care are:
- Monitor the growth of your baby
- To help control disease and infection by detection and prevention
- To help provide nutritional facts and dietary plans to ensure appropriate weight gain
What to expect at your first visit.
Your first visit you should expect to have a complete physical examination. We will have you meet one of our experienced providers and we will obtain necessary history and information to help develop a quality prenatal plan. At each visit thereafter, you should expect to provide a urine sample to test for protein.
This visit and every visit thereafter you should expect:
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Fetal Heart Tone Dopplers
- Weight Checks
- Abdomen measurements
Medications Approved During Pregnancy After 12 Weeks Gestation
Please note that if this is an emergency you should contact 9-1-1. We recommend that you limit your medication intake to your prenatal vitamins and those medications that have been approved by our physician.
- Cold: Tylenol, regular strength as directed on bottle. Push clear fluids (64-80oz). Warm salt water gargle, lozenges, throat spray, PLAIN Sudafed, PLAIN Benadryl,PLAIN Robitussin, PLAIN Mucinex, PLAIN Claritin, PLAIN Zyrtec, or Tyelnol Sinus. NO TYLENOL COLD OR ANYTHING WITH "DM".
- Constipation: Increase fiber (bran cereal, whole grain) Avoid straining. Try Sitz baths, Preparation H, Anusol, Tucks pads, or diaper wipes. May use Milk of Magnesia, Metamucil, Fibercon, Citracel,Miralax,or Colace. You May use Dulcolax or glycerin suppository.
- Diarrhea: Push plenty of fluids. Imodium as directed on bottle.
- Heartburn/Indigestion: Chew gum for 20 minutes after meals. Sleep sitting up with pillow. Eat small frequent meals. Avoid spice foods & caffeine. Start with 30 cc or ml of liquid antacid after each meal & before bedtime. Examples are Riopan Plus, Maalox, Mylanta, Tums. If no relief, may use Pepcid, Prevacid, Zantac, or Tagamet.
- Hemorrhoids: Increase fiber & fluids in diet. Avoid straining. Try Sitz baths, Preparation H, Anusol, Tucks pads, or diaper wipes.
- Headache: Tylenol or Aspirin free Excedrin as directed on bottle.
CALL THE OFFICE IF NO RELIEF
Experience in our office
Dr. David Foulk and his staff are trained in high-risk obstetrics. We can treat patient with many medical conditions that affect their pregnancy. Our office provides obstetric services such as:
- Early viability Ultrasounds
- Peek-A-Boo Gender Ultrasound
- Detailed 3-D /4-D Anatomy Ultrasounds
- Non-Stress Test
- Biophysical Profile Scans
- Cord Doppler Measurements
- Cystric Fibrosis Carrier Screens
- Genetic Fetal Screens